Monday, May 24, 2010

Back Again

Sorry I have been MIA the past couple of weeks.  Been a little crazy in my world.

Let's see if I can update you real quick.  Since my last post I have:

(1)  Been to Wright State for my final Horizon League weekend of the year...(Wright State clinched the championship on Sunday of that weekend.)

(2)  Got rained out at Butler and collected my check.

(3)  Had my first Frontier League game of the year at Florence...(Not really a game since it was an exhibition and they played a scrimmage game amongst themselves.)  But it still paid full fee and was easy because no one gave a shit.  (By the way Brad Zerkle...You really DO look like Ken Kaiser back there.)

(4)  Went to Akron, where Kent State clinched the East Division title on the final day.

Ok...that's it.  Now I am packed and headed to Chillicothe, OH for the MAC Tournament which begins on Wednesday.  Working with 7 umpires that are all really good judges and it should be a great week down there...(and HOT supposedly with highs in the upper 80's and low 90's this week.)

Tourney ends on Saturday and if all goes exactly right...my college season will end with a third base job on Friday night.  If it doesn't go exactly right...then I will have one elimination game on Saturday.

My first D1 post season since my return to the field in 2006...so I am really looking forward to it.

Look for some posts from the tournament this week as I bring you up to date on the adventures of umpires in Bed and Breakfast Hotels.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment