Wednesday, May 12, 2010

IU vs. Kentucky

Randy Bachman has had a pretty good run of plate jobs when I am with him.  I think he is probably averaging around 2:15 when has me with him.

That came to a screeching halt on Tuesday in Bloomington as IU went for a two point conversion in the 10th inning and beat Kentucky 18-17 in a 3:48 marathon. 

IU scored 5 in the eighth, 3 in the ninth and 2 in the 10th to win it.

All this after Kentucky went back to back to back in the 7th inning, and none of them were even close to staying in the yard.

Always fun working with Jimmy Jackson.  I really hope he gets a chance to go to Omaha this year.  He has earned the trip.

Was going to go to Little Zagreb's as usual following the game, but I decided to stay married and get home as quick as I could since it was Brenda and mine's 8th anniversary.  By the time I got home it was 9:30 and too late to do anything, but Morton's Steakhouse is on tap for Wednesday night to make up for it.

Next game is Thursday in Florence, KY as I have an exhibition game in the Frontier League between Florence and Washington.  I haven't ever worked a FL exhibition before, but I am on the bases with Brad Zerkle from Ohio on the plate. 

The weekend takes me to Wright State for Horizon League "Weekend From Hell-2".  Six games in three days with two plate jobs.  (Remember the last one had a rainout on Sunday so I only had to work four games).

DH's Saturday and Sunday in Dayton and then home to Indianapolis for a Butler-Valpo DH on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment