Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Penn St. vs. Michigan State

The standings of the Big Ten Conference going into the weekend were a logjam.  Only three games separated first from last place.  It is crazy.  Also makes for the potential for high emotions.

I was happy that wasn't the case this past weekend in Happy Valley.

I really expected a tight series.  Michigan State was tied for first place while Penn State was three games back in tenth.

To everyone's surprise.  Penn State swept the series.  And NONE of the games were even close.

Friday night, Dave Smith went 2:54 as Penn State won 18-7.  Saturday I went 2:40 in a 22-5 game.

Then on Sunday, Scott Inman had the fastest game of the season on a field I have been on as he went 1:47 in a 9-1 PSU win.

I was happy for Scott.  Usually when he and I work together...it is a marathon.  This day he was aggressive in the zone..(especially at the bottom of the knee) and players were obliging by swinging the bats.

Although it was a bit miserable with light rain...it was made less miserable with the quick game time.

The five hours waiting for the flight back to Indy sucked a bunch after the game...but that was made tolerable with a trip to The Creamery for "Death By Chocolate" ice cream followed by wings from Damon's.

It was my last Big Ten series of the year...and it was uneventful.  I wish they were all that easy.



Beautiful ballpark














Hallowed ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment