Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ball State vs. Buffalo

A little bit of everything this past weekend as I head back into the MAC for Ball State vs. Buffalo.

Right off the bat on Friday, we get started an hour and a half late because of the threat of rain.  It DID sprinkle a bit but they left the tarp on the field and we waited it out in the locker room.  Finally got started at 4:30 as my permanent partner for the 2010 season Randy Bachman went 2:38 minutes in a 11-5 Ball State win.  Not a whole lot of fanfare or issues in this one.  I think everyone was too tired from waiting around.

On Saturday it was my turn to throw on the gear in game two of the series and while it wasn't one of the best plate jobs I have ever had...it was pretty damn quick.  I established a big zone early in the game and carried it through (or I should say the players carried it through because they swung the sticks on this day).  6-5 Ball State win in...get this....WAIT FOR IT......1:58.  A sub two-hour game.  Love it!!!  And don't think I have forgotten the code Bachman and Tim Farwig....YOU OWE ME A STEAK DINNER!!!!

Speaking of steak--I was commuting back and forth to Indy for this series and I had meat overload on Saturday night after this game as my wife and I went with two other couple to Fogo De Chao in downtown Indy.  Carnage at it's finest...try it sometime.

Then came game three on Sunday.  Tim Farwig behind the dish--and let me just say for the record that it was the first time I have worked with this guy from Northern Indiana and I hope it isn't the last time.  This guy can flat work!!  Nice job Tim.

He only has one thing to learn.  We don't get paid overtime.  He took us 11 innings on Sunday as Buffalo salvaged the final game of the series with a 11-7 win.  Good thing was it still only took 2:50.  Again nice job.  And looking at my schedule I have Tim with me on a DH at Valpo on Friday this week.  (BE GOOD AGAIN!!!!)

All in all a good weekend with no visits and just a little chirping.  Not church..but not hell either.

Next up for me...The Horizon Weekend from hell.  Three DH's in three days.  Hope I am still standing by Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment